Apis mellifica acts on cellular tissues causing edema of the skin and mucous membrane .swelling and puffiness of various parts, edema, red rose hue, stinging pains, soreness, intolerance of heat, and slightest touch, and afternoon aggravation are some of the general guiding symptoms.
Introduction of APIS MELLIFICA
- The Western honey bee or European honey bee (Apis mellifera) is the most common of the 7–12 species of honey bees worldwide.
- The genus name Apis is Latin for “bee“, and mellifera is the Latin for “honey-bearing“, referring to the species’ production of honey.
- Honey Bee
Classification of APIS MELLIFICA
- Found throughout Europe and in Canada, the US, and many other countries.
- Proved in 1852 by Dr. Frederick Humphries.
- Organic poison of the sting.
- The remedy is made either from the whole female bee or sting poison of the bee alone. The insect is crushed, dissolved in alcohol, diluted, and succussed.
Pathophysiology of APIS MELLIFICA
- It acts on cellular tissues, glands, skin, brain, urinary system, heart, pleura, and serous membranes.
- It affects the right side more than left. By its action on cellular tissue.
- It causes edema of the skin and mucous membrane.
- Inflammation of kidney causing edema and even anasarca.
- On membranes of the brain, it causes hydrocephalus.
- Pleura causes pleurisy with effusion.
- On the serous membrane of joint causes synovitis.
- On glands, it causes induration and enlargement.
Constitution of APIS MELLIFICA
- Pale, waxy, edematous face with bag-like swelling under the lower eyelids.
- Irritable Thermal
- Hot patient
- Scrofulous diathesis
Key to Select
- Burning and Stinging pain of affected part.
- Generalized edema or on the affected part.
- Aggravation from heat and right sidedness.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Awkward; drops things readily.
- Whining. Tearfulness.
- Irritable, nervous, jealous, vexed, angry with grief, tearful, hard to please or to stop crying.
- Supor with sudden sharp cries and startings (especially during brain disease).
- Such piercing screams without stupor also if the brain is affected.
- cannot think clearly or concentrate the mind to read or study.
- The whole-brain feels very tired.
- For meningitis or hydrocephalus, it is very good medicine.
- Sudden shrill, piercing screams while walking or sleeping, the child lies in a stupor, one side of the body may be twitching while the other motionless.
- Head may roll from side to side or drawn back rigidly while lying in a stupid, or semiconscious state, with eyes, partly closed as if benumbed.
- A child kicks off covering as he cannot tolerate heat in any form.
- Lids swollen, red, edematous, everted, inflamed; burn and sting.
- Conjunctiva bright red, puffy. Lachrymation hot.
- Sudden piercing pains. Pain around orbits.
- Serous exudation, edema, and sharp pains.
- Suppurative inflammation of eyes.
- Keratitis with intense chemosis of ocular conjunctiva.
- Staphyloma of the cornea following suppurative inflammation.
- Styes also prevent their recurrence.
- Tongue fiery red, swollen, sore, and raw, with vesicles.
- Scalding in mouth and throat. Tongue feels scalded, red hot, trembling.
- Gums are swollen.
- Lips swollen, especially upper.
- The membrane of the mouth and throat glossy, as if varnished. Red, shining, and puffy, like erysipelas.
- Cancer of the tongue.
- Uvula swollen, sac-like.
- Tonsils swollen, puffy, fiery red.
- Ulcers on tonsils. Fiery red margin around the leathery membrane.
- Craving for milk.
- Sore, bruised on pressure when sneezing.
- Extremely tender.
- Dropsy of the abdomen.
- Swelling in right groin.
- Involuntary stool on every motion; anus seems open.
- Hemorrhoids, with stinging pain, after confinement.
- Diarrhea watery, yellow; cholera infantum type.
- Cannot urinate without a stool. Dark, fetid, worse after eating.
- Constipation; feels as if something would break on straining.
- Burning and soreness when urinating.
- Urine suppressed, loaded with casts; frequent and involuntary, stinging pain and strangury.
- Urine scanty, high colored.
- Last drops burn and smart.
- Menses suppressed, with cerebral and head symptoms, especially in young girls.
- Edema of labia; relieved by cold water. Soreness and stinging pains; ovaritis; worse in right ovary.
- Dysmenorrhea, with severe ovarian pains.
- Metrorrhagia profuse, with heavy abdomen, faintness, stinging pain.
- Ovarian tumors, metritis with stinging pains.
- It is an excellent remedy for remittent and intermittent fevers.
- Chill begins at 3 pm. with a thirst that is absent during heat or sweat stages, worse from motion and heat.
- Skin is dry or perspiring frequently.
- In intermittent fever when it assumes a typhoid form, meningeal or cerebral fever, etc.
- it is continuous and low type, generally thirstless.
- The patient does not like to cover up or touched, as the body is very sensitive.
- Always wants open air and cold drinks.
- For urticaria, boils, carbuncles, erysipelas and even cancer with burning and stinging pain and also edema about the affected part are present.
- Swellings after bites; sore, sensitive.
- Sudden puffing up of the whole body.
- Heat in any form
- late in afternoon
- after sleeping
- in closed and heated rooms
- Right side.
- in open air
- cold bathing.
For More Articles Keep Visiting MedsDrive.